Beginning next week, you'll design and author a website. Any website worth a reader's time has an implicit argument: buy this brand of clothing, hire me/our company to work for you, join this organization, read more novels by said author, Keith Richards is the best guitarist alive, the disappearance of the horned toad in North Dakota is a travesty, etc. While these arguments have varying degrees of importance, they are, nonetheless, arguments. Your goal here is to find someone in the new media class with whom you can develop an interesting argument that you both care about.
To find a web design project partner, post a comment in response to this post in which you include:
- Your name
- (3-5) website topics of interest to you> these might be areas of interest, world/scientific/philosophical or artist problems, or even more practical concerns (creating a site for the bike co-op you just started).
- Skills you'll bring to the table (technical, visual, writing etc.)
We'll begin having project conferences next week.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBrett Manchel
ReplyDeleteInterests: music (drumming, recording ,DJing, concerts), intellectual property policy (copyright, licensing, p2p file sharing, DRM, digital music stores, etc), technology policy, liberal politics, facebook, and new media, whatever that means. I'm a public policy major, so working on any sort of policy issue is also up my alley.
Skills: I am extremely computer literate on both Mac and PC. I have some HTML experience and I pick up computer skills fast. I am a pretty good problem solver and I like to troubleshoot computers/websites--even though it often leads to me solving problems "the hard way" instead of "the easy way." I am a very solid writer and can edit well, too.
I'd say I am more comfortable working with someone who has around my same technological aptitude. I don't have a great visual mind though, so working with someone with an eye for design would be good. Or as Emmarie said, someone who can pick out pretty pictures.
Ian Schwartz
ReplyDeleteIdeas/Interests: I think making a satirical website perhaps "mocking" the obsessive frenzy of web 2.0 users could be a fun idea. Otherwise: Sports? Film? Web 4 Kiddies?
Skill[z]: Hopscotch, Freestyle Rapping, Fluent in English.
Ok, but for realsies. I think I'm pretty versatile for this project actually. I'd say I'm above average technically, literarily, and visurarily. On a scale of 10, I'd rate myself an awesome.
Pick me. Pick me!!! (waves hand furiously)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteName: Andrew Rabenstein
ReplyDeleteTopics:
Anything related to politics
cable news
new york stuff
random facts
Skills:
I'm a science person, so I'm good at creative ways to think in the box. I can write well, as long as it's not really creative.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAlrighty,
ReplyDeleteName: Dayna Suess
Interests: Celeb Gossip/Fashion, Journalism/Watchdogs (or lack there of..), Sports "Issues", just a little bit of everything.
Skills: Well, I have a MAC so I know how to use that software, I know how to make a good argument -- most of the time, and I've had to create a website for a class before so I might have a tiny bit of experience doing this. I also like to add a lot of pictures to things, so I could help "visually" I guess.
Name: Andrew Rabenstein
ReplyDeleteI can't figure out how to delete my comment, but I already have a partner.